Caferati @ Prithvi Open Mic [February]
Tuesday, February 24, 2009
7:00pm - 8:00pm
Prithvi Theatre Cafe
20 Janki Kutir, Juhu Church Road, Juhu, Bombay, India
- Works performed can be in English, Hindi or Marathi.
- You must perform only your own writing.
- You can perform one piece for a maximum of two minutes.
- Only solo or duo performances; no groups please. Duos can only perform collaborative works authored by both performers.
- Your name will be called once. If you don’t get to the microphone in 10 seconds, you lose your slot.
- Your time starts the moment you come to the microphone
- You can recite, declaim, shout, even sing (if you can hold a tune); you can sit, stand or lie down; you can dance, turn a cartwheel, play a musical instrument, or scratch your back while standing on your head, as long as you perform your words.
- You get the use of a microphone, and two minutes. No other arrangements will be made for your performance. If you want to carry a prop, or a musical instrument, please do so. Note that any set-up time counts towards your two-minute limit.
- A gong will be struck—loud!—at the end of the two-minute period and you must leave the microphone immediately.
- Genres: No restriction. Poetry, scripts, stories, songs, it’s all good.
- Prohibited: Foul language, explicit sexual imagery, slander, anything that flouts the laws of India.
- Dress code: No nudity. Yes, you can use costumes and make-up if you like.
If you want a slot:
- There will be up to 25 slots of up to 2 minutes each.
- You must be physically present at the venue at least 30 minutes before start time to register.
- Slots will be provided immediately, on a first-come first-served basis, and cannot be carried over to the next Open Mic.
- You must show the text of what you plan to perform to the organisers present, and describe your performance. This is not about censorship; it is to guard against infringement of the rules.
There are no prizes, except the opportunity to perform to an audience, and earn its acclaim.
You will not be reimbursed expenses, and will not be paid any fee or honorarium.
You retain ownership of your work, but by submitting it, you give the Prithvi Theatre and Caferati the right to display your work, or photographs or recordings of your performance, at the Prithvi Theatre Cafe, and on their websites, should they so choose, with attribution to you, but with no payment. Should you wish to be excluded from being photographed or recorded, please inform the photographer / cameraperson before the performance. Any photographs or recordings will not be commercial in nature.
Please subscribe to http://groups.google.com/group/Caferati-Prithvi to get notifications of future Caferati @ Prithvi Open Mic evenings.
* More about..
* On Facebook:
This event on Facebook, here.