http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

24 December, 2004

Meeting

So you ask me
“How are you?”

I imagine your hand
Reaching out
And one crooked finger
Gently under my chin
Looking for answers.

I imagine your feet
Daring me
Directly in my path
Holding me captive
Asking me again.

I imagine I dare
Meeting eyes
And in one mad moment
Unblinking, tell the truth
So help me God.

I imagine your eyes
Unwavering still
Sterner than ever
Finding me wanting
Turning me away.

I imagine I imagine
Yielding too
And drowning in smiles
In the circle of arms
Absolute madness.

But you see me
Wringing hands
An incoherent reply
You roll eyes skywards
And walk away.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

"In this last of meeting places/We grope together/ and avoid speech/Gathered on this beach/Of the tumid river."

- Eliot, 'The Hollow Men'

Lovely work :)

24 December, 2004 10:59  
Blogger Queenie said...

This is wonderful.
I might be in love with your blog.
You all have such talent.

Q

27 December, 2004 09:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

guttural
and
telltale
like
ever before

your world-view
kills pink

I,for one,
dance upon the death
of any Pink

Cheers

03 November, 2005 00:02  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page