http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

25 January, 2005

cause and effect

it was an ordinary
everyday conversation
routine almost
between two friends.
until you forgot your
extraordinary,
everyday, reliable restraint,
and called me sweetheart.

i was simply walking,
listening to you
gloat over conquests
of the female kind,
of the workplace kind,
when you changed
the equation between us,
and called me sweetheart.

an innocuous looking,
boring old telephone
pole, was listening in.
it was taken aback
unhappy, unwilling
to take this sudden change.
it took one surprised step,
and tapped me on my forehead.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger Zorba said...

manisha,

this cause and effect of yours caused a lot of positive effect. i almost wished a lamp post comin my way and hugging my temple with josh.


loved every syllable of it. am i jealous or am i jealous? lolz. mwaaah to your pen. or maybe keyboard.


Z!
wit love

27 January, 2005 16:59  
Blogger Alien said...

I really liked that one... Have been a silent reader to many of your posts and have found them amazingly inspiring and refreshing (if I may call them so...) I loved the twist at the end... totally unexpected...

Btw do drop in at my place as well when time and inclination permit... http://alienknight.rediffblogs.com

Ciao and keep it coming...

29 January, 2005 22:23  
Blogger Abhinab Pattjoshi said...

Good twist it shaken my thought to admire your pen, really a good one what it had brought.

31 January, 2005 10:17  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

lol... if this what lamp posts do to you then i wish them to tap often... :-)

31 January, 2005 15:53  
Blogger Unknown said...

I love your work. This is a surprising and heart-pounding poem. All the right words. Put them in a book and publish them so I can buy them.

01 February, 2005 22:32  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page