http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

24 March, 2005

So Hard

I tried so hard
To fill the blank spaces with words
These many days, these many nights,
And all I kept seeing
Was you.
In the loops of the 'Ls',
In the upturned arms of the 'Us', your shadow;
You slipped through
The curves of the 'Ss'
And I saw myself
Crucified on the 'Ts'.
So I tore them all up
And played music all night.

I tried so hard, so hard
Not to skip the rests,
And yet
Lost time, as the E strings
Drew patterns on my fingetips
That once traced
The lines of your shoulderblades;
And the music bled
On the frets
Beneath my fingers
As I tried so hard, so hard,
To forget you,
My words, my drifting music.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back alex.

This I think is your best. :)

And "he" sure is a lucky guy ;)

24 March, 2005 16:15  
Blogger Pragya said...

Yes, indeed. Welcome back. This was exquisite!

24 March, 2005 19:07  
Blogger Annie Zaidi said...

Long time, no see... but worth the wait, I guess :)

26 March, 2005 18:42  
Blogger livinghigh said...

so identifiable!!!! ;-)

26 March, 2005 20:12  
Blogger incognito said...

thanks a lot everyone :-)

28 March, 2005 09:38  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Your clear demarcation of stanzas is interesting - the way you've played with letters in the first stanza and with concepts of music in the 2nd stanza. Quite nice :-)

28 March, 2005 14:08  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page