http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

17 April, 2005


Rebirth

My thoughts are stolen
in a crowded street;
stripped of worry and longing
I am a child reborn.


The Unknown

Traveling side by side
we do not talk
or shake hands at parting.
I know then he is death
and my journey is about to end.


Mind games

Blowing breeze
swaying shadows
fleeting memories
a forgotten face.


Unspoken

Lighter than dew
a drop of rain
softly you tread
on my unmarked grave.

Haven

Thunder rolls
lightning strikes,
thoughts turn
to childhood haven
of mother's arms.

Night

A flickering torchlight
a wayside corpse
a bitter enemy
or a forgotten friend.

Memories

A broken kiss
a half-written poem
a torn page
from a chapter of life.

First love

Side stepping three score years
of my wayward life
arrives the faded face
of my childhood love.


(c) Shankar Sen. 2005.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger S.L. Corsua said...

I find "Memories" so hauntingly beautiful, especially these lines:

A broken kiss
a half-written poem


soul-searing... *sigh*

17 April, 2005 22:59  
Blogger livinghigh said...

hey!!!! my fave is Memories too! ;-)

19 April, 2005 12:03  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page