http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

26 March, 2006

Winter

Each time I pull the quilt over me
it’s like slipping within a question mark
that hangs over my bed
prodding the false warmth
with which I sleep this cold winter.

But I know nothing of winter.
I see it only in news clippings of cold waves
or in the shivering of a mendicant
pressed against my car’s window
or in the vaporous breath of an illicit lover
exhaled across my married face.

© Dan Husain
December 23, 2005

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Arthur Quiller Couch said...

Nice work, Dan. The last two lines make the difference.

John Cheeran, the answer to your question is 'No'. You could try Amway.

27 March, 2006 16:27  
Blogger Anil P said...

When the wind chills my bone,
It rattles the wind!

27 March, 2006 20:14  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page