http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

06 December, 2004

Tomorrow's Girl

Why do you stare aimlessly
into my eyes?
Why do you not tire easily
of my charms?
The rest of the world is surely
more inviting than my arms

Why do you talk unceasingly
of our future?
Why do you not think warily
of our plans?
Scaling the Everest is definitely
more exciting than building clans

Why do you swap devotedly
'I' for 'we'?
Why do you chant endlessly
'I love you'?
Tomorrow I will have changed already
from the girl you love to someone new

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie Zaidi said...

Reminds me of Faiz' nazm -
Mere mehboob, mujhse pehle si mohabbat na maang...

My love, do not ask me
to love you like I did before

06 December, 2004 15:24  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

"from the girl you love to someone new"

...and then will you love me anew,
Or will it still be love that's true-blue?

07 December, 2004 10:41  
Blogger Unknown said...

Love it such a complicated emotion nah? Everyone looks at it from a different plane of the crystal ball.

13 December, 2004 00:44  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page