http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

24 December, 2004

Winter in the hills

I sit here
Letting you
Melt my bones

Warmth
Seeping
Through every pore

Knead
Knead
My pain away

Someone shouts
Save yourself
I close my eyes
Face you unafraid

When I return
To cool shadows

Red arms
Red shoulders
Red cheeks
Red nose
Red ears
Red neck
Red back
Red feet

You don’t spare
Parts covered
In white muslin
Either

They tell me
I told you so

What do they know
Of this exquisite agony
Of being touched by the Sun?

(been resisting using up so much blog space...but compelled to...apologies)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Anshula said...

Gorgeous read. Your writing flows oh so beautifully. I am smiling. Great beginning to a winter day.

27 December, 2004 08:59  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Why apologise when there's no restriction on space and we ALL enjoy the verse you spin? :-) Been away, missed reading the posts, missed the Bbay meet by an inch and regretting it like soooooooooooooo much after reading your report on it! DAMN DAMN DAMN - ok I'm feeling better now! Ofcourse reading your wonderful poem abt the Winter blues helps - coming frm a city where Winter means pleasant evegs to one where Winter does mean cold evegs! :-)

27 December, 2004 11:23  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page