http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

07 January, 2005

The Last Dance

Your lecherous eyes bore through
These veils,
Don't think your recent elevated status
Will make me drop my defences
Or these veils...
But tonight I need to forget,
I need to forget
Your eyes that violate me.
I need to believe for once
My frozen feet and stiff body
Are capable of motion.
Tonight I will dance,
I will dance
My last dance
Before I offer my head on a platter.
I, Salome, shed my veils
And prepare for the sacrifice.

Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

Well, well! "And do I have the right to smile?"

John the Baptist :)

07 January, 2005 18:39  
Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

But roles reversed, what? ;)

07 January, 2005 18:41  
Blogger incognito said...

:-)no, actually was addressing Herod - Salome's uncle-father...

10 January, 2005 18:11  
Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

*Chuckle*

12 January, 2005 09:17  
Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

Someone's staging Oscar Wilde's "Salome" at Indigo in Bombay - wish we could be there! :(

J t B

14 January, 2005 19:14  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page