http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

26 July, 2006

Pancreas

I do not know what it does for you
but this, I can guess -
It is vital to you, as vitality goes...
(and I? I suspect, am less).

They say, it is almost more
than just an organ part.
It has a head, a body, a tail -
(does it even have a heart?)

Insulin and Glucagon and
Polypeptide cells -
who would've thought of pan-creation
as a river of alkali hells?

They say, it is imperative
if you must live and lie.
(For if you live, lie you must;
you're just that kind of guy)

Now you're in need and I can't help;
I don't have healing powers.
For I can give you my heart, should you ask...
But not my pancreas.


(C) Annie Zaidi

Labels:

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hee Hee Hee! Very lovely poem, too! And the last two lines are fantabulous.

26 July, 2006 22:40  
Blogger Asmita said...

Very nice

:-)

27 July, 2006 13:32  
Blogger haversack said...

great play of words! reminded me of dr suess that I read to my daughter:)

27 July, 2006 14:14  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good to read something you wrote after a long time.... The long absences are purely our fault, of course...

01 August, 2006 16:42  
Blogger Annie Zaidi said...

thanks, all. will try and post more often, in future.

12 August, 2006 15:42  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page