http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

09 November, 2004

poetry- revised... thank you guys.. peter, manisha

You say
You sent poetry to me,
Love scented from your bed ?
You say
I have not the sense,
And turned her away instead ?

I have her still
Here with me,
Always making me think.
No longer at your love bed now.
I write at the kitchen sink.

she is there,
at the most unlikeliest.
often in fits and starts;
she is especially good
when i am yelling at vij,
and tearing him apart.

I write poetry at Mocha's now,
With Mahesh and Nandini.
I write poetry at Manisha's urge,
Mused by Sunil and Zigzackly.
And lately I have written,
Inspired by
Avi, Atrayee and Annie.

You say I left poetry behind,
And recognise not what i see.
You say I haven't the faintest
When poetry comes to me.

I know she comes to me ,
At the darn'dest of times.
In bursts,in phrases,
hesitant, insufficient,
Sometimes with complete rhymes.
And when she comes to me,
She visits like a friend:
Stays, and chats
And warms my heart;
There is no begining or end.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger khuto said...

Good heady stuff!! The kitchen sink hits you much
more forcefully than the previous version -- I read
it, stopped, and then looked for who it was from!!!

But the rhythm loses out a bit by the fourth stanza. . .
I thought zigzackly's lines on the earlier draft
had a hint of tightness. . .

10 November, 2004 15:02  
Blogger khuto said...

Your poem reminded me of several poems, some are
still submerged, but a couple surfaced:

A. By Bijaya MukhopAdhyAy - Poetry: When you come to me

When you come
It rains in my heart
Skin atremble like blades of grass
Long-closed doors open
In deep confidence.

When you come it rains
In my heart.


B. Gary Snyder: How Poetry comes to me:

It comes blundering over the
Boulders at night, it stays
Frightened outside the
Range of my campfire
I go to meet it at the
Edge of the light

Bye

10 November, 2004 15:18  
Blogger Gosling said...

Sweet! :)

10 November, 2004 19:15  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page