http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

01 December, 2004

Paper Boats

When my love was young
And drenched by rain,
I floated paper boats.
Into the waters,
Pencilling in my feelings to you.

You were young too.
Too young to notice
The words on the paper boat
You just used a stick
To shove my boat
Into the swirling drains.
How you laughed at my rage.

But when you grew up.
Grew up just a bit,
You too once wrote on paper
Carefully folding it into a boat
Floated it to me in the rain.

I was foolish, very foolish
I kept your boat.
Rains had washed away
The ink you used, dear,
But I can still feel
Your hand over the paper.


Labels:

5 Comments:

Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

Manisha, this is the stuff of tears...and I admit unashamedly that I couldn't keep my eyes dry.

01 December, 2004 17:31  
Blogger zigzackly said...

Very nice, Manisha. Very, very nice.

p

01 December, 2004 19:02  
Blogger Anil said...

This is so beautiful...the concentrated emotion in the last stanza leaves one overwhelmed.

01 December, 2004 19:30  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

The childhood game of making paper boats and floating them in puddles gels perfectly with the innocence of young love - you draw the emotions like a skilled artist Manisha.

02 December, 2004 19:12  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wah! wah! wah!
arjun

03 December, 2004 18:28  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page