http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

03 February, 2005

Beyond death

Don't ask me for a happy tale tonight
in this purple evening, these
chandelier lights dripping grime
and the candles floating on water
they seal my lips with molten wax
Ask me for no happy tales tonight

Don't ask me to hold your hand tonight
The days when loving hearts
bled in us, those carefree days
of laughter I have braided into desolation
threads of anguish bind my fingers now
Don't ask me to hold your hand tonight

Don't ask me to touch, don't tempt me-
your skin, smooth coolness at my touch
that was once, that was then
I have waded through rivers of sorrow
My sun is now dark with tears
Don't tempt me tonight with your touch

Let's just sit then, face to face
Friends, enemies, lovers, poets
beyond the death of being strangers
one hand a scimitar, the other a rose
Let me see your eyes, in the ashes of pain
Let us sit then, face to face again.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Blogger :..M..: said...

I particularly liked:
"The days when loving hearts
bled in us"

And

"Let me see your eyes, in the ashes of pain."

03 February, 2005 10:45  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Absolutely brilliant, Khuto. I am falling in love with your poetry.

Anamika

03 February, 2005 12:20  
Blogger zigzackly said...

good stuff, khuto. very good.

04 February, 2005 15:39  
Blogger scribe said...

This is really good. Thank you. And give us more.

07 February, 2005 14:57  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page