http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

31 May, 2005

Untitled

When I jumped into the sea
All I thought was
‘I have to cut this rope
I have to cut this rope’
This rope they threw around my neck;
‘To save me’, they said,
But it tears through my skin
As they yank and yank me
To plough a field that is not mine.
The cracked ground cries out for water
And I refuse to water it with tears or sweat;
Let it be theirs.
Let me be.
Just let me be me
I have to jump before
They pass the reins
To stronger, younger hands;
I have to cut this rope
I have to cut this rope
And sink into nothingness
Where they can’t follow…

I have to buy my own rope.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have to buy my own rope.. pretty much says it all...

02 June, 2005 11:44  
Blogger incognito said...

better to be the master of your own fate...than die under someone else's rope.

06 June, 2005 11:10  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page