http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

31 May, 2005

Untitled

When I jumped into the sea
All I thought was
‘I have to cut this rope
I have to cut this rope’
This rope they threw around my neck;
‘To save me’, they said,
But it tears through my skin
As they yank and yank me
To plough a field that is not mine.
The cracked ground cries out for water
And I refuse to water it with tears or sweat;
Let it be theirs.
Let me be.
Just let me be me
I have to jump before
They pass the reins
To stronger, younger hands;
I have to cut this rope
I have to cut this rope
And sink into nothingness
Where they can’t follow…

I have to buy my own rope.

Labels:

4 Comments:

Anonymous Nidhi said...

I have to buy my own rope.. pretty much says it all...

02 June, 2005 11:44  
Blogger midinmid said...

Couldn't get the conclusion in it essence. Why buy a rope that stifles one, life after life? Want to do unto others what they did to you? Wanting and resolving to break free for ever from the reins that others hold why to rope in the rope again, eventhough it is my own rope?

04 June, 2005 15:06  
Blogger Alex said...

better to be the master of your own fate...than die under someone else's rope.

06 June, 2005 11:10  
Blogger Max Babi said...

nisha, lovely slow denouement, frenetic crescendo and then climax with the punch line.
Amazing!

cheerz!

11 June, 2005 01:28  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Front Page