http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

02 November, 2004

Mistakes

Just re-read my last one and dicovered a glaring typo-rushed to edit it and then this came to mind -

Mistakes-
I seldom make a few at once.
They seem to come in bunches
Leaving me embarrassed
ashamed
tearful at times
Sometimes indignant
for the fact that one got the better of me,
yet again.

And then I rethink
recharge
and restart.
Brushing the dirt
off bruised knees
and regret
off my heart.
Calluses on my feet,
but glad in the belief
that I Learnt.

I’m an optimist.

(c) Shilpa Bhatnagar 2004.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mistakes are very important, they keep you humble and almost always carry you to the next level of learning. Nice paean to mistakes - someone needs to glorify them!

02 November, 2004 21:44  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Am an Optimist (too)..
And Mistakes are a part of life.

Loved the way you ended .

susmita

03 November, 2004 11:30  
Blogger Pragya said...

Hi Shilpa,

Anon - 1 was me. The default setting on my posting is "anonymous", I just forgot to change it.

Pragya

09 November, 2004 00:46  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page