http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

06 December, 2004

Jawaab

An Attempted Sonnet for A

Did I say I seek to own you?
That I do not know that chains would be hell?
Did I say I want to tame you?
My nomad soul knows wanderlust too well.
I was set free by your wild heart;
Would I wish you predictability?
I would not love you with wings cut,
So go, if you must. You were always free.

What I would give you is sanctuary,
A safe haven, when you tire.
A place to recoup, when you are weary
So that you can fly higher.
Yes, the door’s shut against the wind’s roar
But the lock, dear heart, is this side of the door.


December 2004

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

Bravo, Peter, bravo! This is stuff after mine own heart!

06 December, 2004 18:10  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

now i understand why louie sang the song.

06 December, 2004 23:38  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page