http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

09 December, 2004

Rooms of darkness

Rooms of darkness, I have become with the dark.
All I see is nothing, nothing, not a single ray or photon of light, zero illumination.
In my twenty by twenty cell I hide while the large windows, bleak visages of the world outside mock me. The trees and the green they hold act as a screen of green from the boiling gaseous body, the only star in the day sky. Yet he manages to penetrate my room through the atmosphere and then through the tall airy leaves of the eucalyptus,the intricate tresses of the chickoo and finally the mosquito net that screens my cell. His messengers reach me like trenchant needles of a invisible thread.Plaguing me half the day, yet I battle him with the clouds my allies, blocking him they do so in vain as they disappear like the water they are.
After a day's campaign he retreats to his subterranean nest, only to be reflected back at me by his brother the moon.
Alas the trees are to strong for the moonbeams and I win to rest in complete darkness. Darkness where my eyes see nothing and my optical nerves though active send no impulses to my brain.
No my friend, my battle is not over but yet to begin all over again.

5 Comments:

Blogger Darnell Clayton said...

If this is a story it sounds pretty good. Selah!

09 December, 2004 05:22  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bravo, Akshay!
I suggest you expand this nugget
into a slightly longer story, and
read it out at the upcoming readmeet.
It 'sounds' pretty good.

cheers !

09 December, 2004 07:54  
Blogger Ubermensch said...

poetically scientific construct.

09 December, 2004 09:49  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Eerie and sppoky - can almost see your fangs dripping with blood. Or am I getting the image all wrong?
(Personal observation - you're seeming a bit restrained in this piece when I compare it to what I've been reading on your blog)

09 December, 2004 10:56  
Blogger Unknown said...

Akshay, this piece is just brilliant. I love the way you intersperse poetic imagery with scientific terms. I had this feeling of being in your cell as well. You have managed to draw the reader in.

13 December, 2004 00:26  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page