http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

09 December, 2004

Skin Deep

I love you
Skin deep.
I trace the lines on your palm
With my finger,
But I don’t want to know
What your touch means.

I love you
Skin deep.
I look into your eyes,
Dark and deep like a well,
But I don’t want to plunge
And find them dry and weep.

I love you
Skin deep.
I hear you whisper
Sweet nothings in my ear,
But I don’t want to find out
If you love me only skin deep.

4 Comments:

Blogger midinmid said...

Maybe your love is skin deep, but you seem to be in love over head and ears. Lovely poem indeed, as usual from you.

09 December, 2004 17:45  
Blogger Max Babi said...

Hi Nisha,
midinmid is right, we've come to expect
the fivestar material from you every time...
and this piece is no exception either.
A mountain of fluff, reverberating with
echoes of whispered sweet nothings !

cheers !

11 December, 2004 03:19  
Blogger raindanseuse said...

If that defence-system that women use when approached by a man could be put into words, I think you've done it. Lovely!

13 December, 2004 00:22  
Blogger atreyee said...

Just brilliant!

14 December, 2004 20:55  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Front Page