http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

04 January, 2005

Your holiday: my jealous view

I know you’re walking
Up the mountain with her.
I know you’re holding
Her soft hands in yours.

I know you’re kissing
Her shoulders now.
I’ll make her turn away
Not now darling, headache.

Every time you touch her
I’ll pop up in your head.
Every time you look at her
You’ll wish it were me.

If I sigh, somewhere,
A cloudburst of sneezes
Will spoil your dinner.
A headache unexplained
Will intrude the mood.

Pointed arguments,
Futile explanations,
Illogical recriminations,
Wasted breath.

I’ll make you surf
Pay channels all night.
If I don’t rest,
Why should you?

Labels:

9 Comments:

Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

Well, well...Perversity is its own reward sometimes! Can't help a chuckle...:)

04 January, 2005 22:18  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I wanted to ask permission to post this poem in it's entirety on my blog, but there is no contact information for the contributor. Can anyone help?

05 January, 2005 09:25  
Blogger scribe said...

The witches of Eastwick!!

05 January, 2005 11:51  
Blogger Annie Zaidi said...

If such powers be yours, restless vixen,
grant me a boon this night -
That he should never sleep again
while I should sleep so light.

05 January, 2005 14:38  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goodness! Is this what they call a poem? I don't know how great a poet you really are. But going by your stuff posted on board I find your writing of a very ordinary order. I am afraid most of the rave comments to your posts are perhaps out of decency, personal familiarity or maybe some kind of awe you command. Compared to the writings on this blog itself, your poems are of much inferior quality and standards.Sorry for the unpalatable remarks. Hope you would care not to pass on whatever comes to your mind, in the name of poetry. Or at least publish it on your blog and post a notice on caferati board. Your fans would visit your blog.

Morris Daryl

05 January, 2005 18:48  
Blogger manisha lakhe said...

anonymous comments are rather pathetic, but it's a free world...

just don't insult others in the same breath. it is unforgivable.

06 January, 2005 02:28  
Blogger manisha lakhe said...

j, i know lots of similarly 'wired' people in the California area...go ahead, copy it...don't forget to send caferati a link...

07 January, 2005 14:32  
Blogger balihai said...

nnnnnnnnnnice!

09 January, 2005 17:39  
Blogger SUNITI JOSHI said...

How did I miss this one !!! Very nice !

-s

17 September, 2008 13:45  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page