http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

08 February, 2005

untitled

now up past the temple
where the hill is bright in mist,
there's a dark-cloaked bhikhu
who'll help my mind untwist,

and halfway to dharamsala
you can hear my passion die;
(it's true i swore i loved him -
but who did i mean by "i"?)

so come and make me silent
where the butter lamps are hot,
let me listen to the clouds decide
what is real and what is not.

since what i see is fugitive
and what i see it with won't stay,
puff me out and let me live

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Annie Zaidi said...

This one, Manisha, is better than my coffee... actually, adds flavour to an otherwise rather unremarkable cup of nescafe. :)

08 February, 2005 16:25  
Blogger scribe said...

Have to say I look forward to your writing & this one was well worth the "looking forward"! There's a traditional poetic rythym that sometimes I long for with nostalgia, having long become a victim to free verse and free form.
Also feeling emotionally empathetic, having oft lost the "i" and searched vainly amidst clouds and mountain forests.
More power to you, girl!

08 February, 2005 16:31  
Blogger :..M..: said...

This had a rather surreal effect on me:
"so come and make me silent
where the butter lamps are hot,
let me listen to the clouds decide
what is real and what is not."

:)

09 February, 2005 11:27  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page