http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

10 November, 2004

I have a craving for insults

Because I desperately crave your insults
Again and again I come to you.
I have a craving for insults.

When first we met, you beat me black and blue
But here I am again
I have a craving for injury.

You call me in with mirages in your closed fist
"Fame, Frienship," I hear you mumble
I have a craving for mirages.

These days I can sense you from afar
And tailwagging I come.
Yes, I have a craving for insults.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger G Shrivastava said...

I liked this one alot!
To me, it speaks of the constant dilemma of a writer; criticism (insults) may not be great for the writer's ego, but they spell attention. And what is a writer is his/her work isn't noticed?
<< "Fame, Friendship" I hear you mumble...">> - the writer's dream of eventual success and adulation?

I may be reading too much into it - tell me if I'm way off the mark!

11 November, 2004 22:43  
Blogger Pragya said...

Accolades and excoriation, in equal measure, is what it's all about, just like Rats' different shades of red!Keep coming back, please!

12 November, 2004 07:05  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page