http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

22 November, 2004

That Young Wind

at the Read-meet in Delhi on November 20th; an unedited piece I wrote 26 years ago

There's a wind that is blowing
It's puffing its' way through my life
Dust in my eyes
And weed in my mouth
I'm walking with it - turning blind.

There's a wind that is blowing
into the corners of my mind
clogging up my dreams
bursting at the seams
I'm thinking with it - turning wild.

Stop.
Let me walk against it.
Can I think without it
Can I possibly catch all my dreams
stitch back the seams
Can I wander alone
in a vaccum?

Stop this wind that is blowing
and puffing and hawing
Stop my mind from blowing away.
It's moulding my body
damp patches of moss
are starting to fill up my soul.
Stop this wind that is blowing
I'm searching for paths again.

(c)Anita 1979

Labels:

1 Comments:

Blogger Sreekesh Menon said...

Laughing heart
Tears in your eye
Aching heart
Fighting it back.

22 November, 2004 23:00  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page