http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

09 December, 2004

Almost

There was a nip in the air
and you were there.
Sunset in your eyes,
wind through your hair.
If it had been a little warmer,
if the sun hadn’t set,
if the sea breeze hadn’t been so fresh,
I’d have resisted, I’ll bet.
But I reached out
and you were there,
sunset eyes,
windswept hair,
reaching out, too.
What else could I do?

from the archives - mid-90s, i think - and slightly edited.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

Music, man, music! This cries out for music! Maybe we'll sing it some day at a Caferati camp fire!

09 December, 2004 21:08  
Blogger zigzackly said...

DJ,

Merci. Though i assure you you don't want to hear me sing. Not that, not anything else.

12 December, 2004 05:40  
Blogger Unknown said...

Sweet! I agree with SB - there's music in this. But I'm tempted to sing Summer of 69 or Summertime. You say 90's! Oh boy! Those were the best days of my life - there were so many simpler things to do in the 90s. Life's so complicated now.

12 December, 2004 23:54  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page