http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

09 December, 2004

Bittersweet Bookmarks

You lived
In my eyes
As a traveling teardrop

-------

In your hands
I saw the crochet work
Of love corrupted

-------

Across the room
You stood
Waiting for my words
To roll out the red carpet

-------

The night
Came to pass
In the space
Between our raised eye-brows

--------

The stars
Put to sleep
My passions; reawakened

--------

Sunshine stooped
To enter
Our eyes lowered
In mutual shame

--------

Those words
You dropped
Like coins in a box
Now clink, whenever
I call out your name

--------

These tears
Fall on the floor
And turn into
Letters of love

--------

Let me leave
These words
In your heart
As bookmarks
Of our love

(08/12/2004)

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger manisha lakhe said...

anil, i feel like a kid in a mithai shop... don't know which i like better (the 'crochet' poem is definitely ras malai and 'coin box' one the gulab jamun)...am slipping into a diabetic coma right now...

09 December, 2004 19:15  
Blogger Anil said...

mindinmind: Thank you...I'm still trying to get there!

Manisha: Ah you love Ras Malai too...its like my favorite Indian sweet. Ok lets make a deal..in future, if and when I find myself in your house for a read-meet then be sure to have some Ras Malai around and I shall try and come up with some verse you like! Deal?

12 December, 2004 01:39  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page