http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

18 December, 2004

The Joker of the pack

Everything is a joke
And the joke is always on me
The good the bad and the ugly
Every one of these is my cup of tea

The whole world laughs at these jokes
But if you look more closely
You would see however that
They are all laughing at me
Even as I survive the most recent pain
I am all set to leap again

From the frying pan into the fire
That someone who gets fried time and again
If you wonder why I do these things
It's because I'm the same old silly me
Guess I'm the joker of the pack
I've never learnt to turn back.

Brickbats and bouquets welcome -to help draw out yet another budding poet!

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Vijay said...

Well said and said beautifully, Max, I also feel this way
Great minds think alike, I would be tempted to say--
If only I knew better.
Is it that the Joker of the Pack is always the one to have the profoundest thoughts?
Or is it that the thinker is basically a Joker?

19 December, 2004 22:00  
Blogger Unknown said...

Feelings close to me - having felt at many times like the joker of the pack. Still do. Insecurity - isn't it what this poem is all about?
Nicely written, though I would have appreciated some punctuation here and there.

20 December, 2004 18:35  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page