http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

16 January, 2005

The Eternal Struggle

You look at me steadily
but your thoughts are galaxies away

and I struggle pathetically
with electric eels of feelings
that refuse to be bundled and strapped
for words make such brittle ropes.

You say love is a confusing emotion
and I shrug my shoulders philosophically,
how I wish the tongue muscles would finally
stop vibrating on their own -
isn't nearness enough?

If someone ever makes a bonfire of lexicons
I will be there, chucking my mind into it.

Flinging words against a torrent of words,
we keep trying to squeeze the juice
out of this desiccated fruit
of this lethargic relationship.

(c) Max Babi January 2005

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Pranay the Srinivasan said...

a bonfire of lexicons...

this poem sure underlines that fact that over communicating in a relationship can sometimes be detrimental to it... ???

but i could not understand the words:
If someone ever makes a bonfire of lexicons
I will be there, chucking my mind into it.

what i could understand was, "if someone decides to throw away word-chests, i shall throw my mind in, so i never have to search for an opportune word at an awkward time between me and my beau/.." would this be accurate?

utekkare,
pranay

17 January, 2005 18:23  
Blogger Innocent Bullet said...

words make such brittle ropes...waah waah..mazaa aa gaya captain..

18 January, 2005 16:07  
Blogger Jyotsna said...

Hi Max,
was browsing when i came by your poem
"words make such brittle ropes"--so true...

"You look at me steadily
but your thoughts are galaxies away"--so beautifully expressed.
would love to read more of your poetry

04 February, 2005 16:20  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page