http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

10 December, 2004

Condensers and Compressors

In the beginning there was god and then there was man. It is written that we are all same.
We the prodigal children who walk this earth in search and in search we go.

I sit in a large vestibule, moving. I look at life through the side window carefully concealed behind soiled curtains. Air flows out, into the room through a complex labyrinth of vents and condensers and compressors but the effect is not different form cooling, actually thinking back it is cooling.
The room moves, sometimes stops, turns like it has mind of it own. Not knowing I later I find out it has a mind of another.
My room, stops or at least the mind decides to stop. Silence is my fellow companion in this room. Lights are incident on me from overhead at the command of the mind. I look around me and proceed to a tiny opening, which has opened from what was formally wall. Metal steps extend magically to the ground as I step down. The opening reappears as magically as it had disappeared and the room moves on leaving me quiet stationary.
AND stationary I am.

3 Comments:

Blogger G Shrivastava said...

To borrow a phrase from Uber, this is "poetically scientific construct." I tried and tried to figure out what you're describing...sp after reading what your friends guessed at Trivial Matters, but failed. My imagination deserted me...:-( You need to throw some light here Akshay...otherwise the piece has an amazingly poetic feel to it.

11 December, 2004 10:25  
Blogger Unknown said...

I agree with uber, it those have a "scientific poetic construct". The problem with such a contruct so to speak its difficult to add charectors or voices and you left just this silence that using dialogue gives you.It tends to be discriptive and nothing much else and therefore boring. Also the scientific in some case or another ends only in jargonising the entire the work.

11 December, 2004 17:49  
Blogger Unknown said...

I often look at life from outside of my shoes, and I think the vestibule makes good sense. I love the sppearance and disappearance of metal steps - it takes me back to "Flight of the navigator". Have you watched it? I can almost imagine the very same steps pouring out and back in to the body of the spaceship, leaving no seam and no mark. Marvellous!

12 December, 2004 23:31  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page