http://worldwidehelp.blogspot.com .comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}
caferati
A collaboration over too much coffee.
coffee and pen

09 December, 2004

Shades

When i went out, it was sunny
So i put on my shades
And you said I forgot
to tell you I’m getting married
Please be happy for me
So i put on my glares and smiled
People in the train looked
suspiciously at my red eyes and straggly
hair and i could have told each one of them
that it wasn’t a hash induced glaze
but it seemed much easier to put on my shades
So I came back
enclosed in my portable, personal dark
And then i took off my shades.

Also from about ten or more years ago.

Labels:

6 Comments:

Blogger SPECKLED_BAND said...

A re-read for me from another place. But a pleasure renewed, mon ami!

09 December, 2004 21:05  
Blogger zigzackly said...

hugely flattered that you remember.

09 December, 2004 23:56  
Blogger G Shrivastava said...

Ah oui...I was right then...I was wondering if my mind was playing tricks on me...but I still can't recall where I've read this b4...enlighten me pls!
It's beautiful - I have this grudge against sunglasses infact - that they only reflect back my face and prevent me from seeing the person's eyes. Probably why I don't own a pair...but then, I've not needed to hide my feelings...yet...Amen to that!

10 December, 2004 18:18  
Blogger zigzackly said...

Max,
Was technically well past the pimples-and-hormones stage when i wrote that. Though, perhaps, you're right - some people insist that i still haven't grown up

Gee,
That's why i love them. :) And since you seem to know songs from way back when, have you heard Sunglasses, as sung by Skeeter Davis? That inspired the poem, in part.

12 December, 2004 05:39  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm saying what other have already said - I've read something like this before. Perchance you posted it sometime ago? All the same, it brings out a lot of sympathy from me and I almost wish I could share that darkness with you if only to make it easier to bear.

12 December, 2004 23:50  
Blogger zigzackly said...

Gee, Sonia,

Um, what our friend the Holmes fan was referring to is another blog in another place at another time. His nom de guerre and one of mine were neighbours.

13 December, 2004 00:52  

Post a Comment

<< Front Page